Sunday, November 1, 2009

Isn't that how we should meet our friends?

So it's 12:30 AM here now... and I have been laying in bed... thinking about sleep for the past hour. Unfortunately, getting to sleep has not yet occurred. I have a lot of things on my mind.

I was thinking about a few things that have happened recently that have really made me think. Things that each and every one of us have probably done in our lifetimes or are still doing at this moment. Recently, I found myself thinking about past events that have taken place in my life... Cases, which I have hurt someone. It could have been mentally, physically, or emotionally. I know that everyone does things in High School that they regret, but for me.. it seems to really be taking a toll on me. I did not commit murder or anything so serious that everyone is going to gasp for air and say to themselves, "No Way Jessie Garner Did That!!"

I have recently found out that a girl that I went to school with is dying. The only thing that I could stop and recall about her was the fact that I was insanely rude to her. I was always that person that laughed along with the crowd or pointed someone out for reasons that were obviously not what I would like to see. When I began to think about the things and people that I have gawked in my lifetime.... It became evident to me --that there was no reason for this. Some say, popularity is something that you have to work up too. What is your definition of popularity? Believe me high school students, popularity will be here today and out the window in 4 years. What are you trying to gain? The power to everything that you will one day regret. Furthermore, are you just masking yourself so that those that are around you will not see your faults, because you are going to make sure you show someone else's.

Looking back on the things I have done, I have regrets. Who doesn't? Sure, I'll have tons of regrets in my future... who wouldn't?

Remember that there is forgiveness about the regrets in your lifetime. Don't use this pass that God gives us freely. Don't apologize and get forgiveness for something that you know that you will end up doing tomorrow. Try to learn to make yourself more positive. Try to learn to not do the same sins over and over.

Jesus died on that cross to forgive us of our sins. Are you ready to be forgiven? Don't let the devil lead you into temptation... and evil... by insulting the person that is equal to you in God's eyes. You are insulting the precious gift that God created... Everything is equal to God. So, if the girl beside you in school doesn't dress the same as you, has less money, doesn't talk like you or smells really bad... don't tease her... instead, tell her about Jesus.

Why don't we end with everyone of our circumstances like that? Wouldn't that be more powerful? Let me tell you friends, since I have been here in Hungary... I have seen, held and been in contact with so many things that you could only imagine... but what I have come to realize... is that they were made just like I was. They are here for a purpose.

What I would give to go back and take that person's hand and show that school... it did not matter what she wore, what she looked like, or even, how she smelt... it didn't matter that she was not popular.. it mattered that she was a a believer in Jesus too... Isn't that how we should meet our friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment