Saturday, October 31, 2009

2 weeks without a blog--- AM I IN TROUBLE?

So many things have been going on since my last blog. I first need to apologize for not being more consistent on my blogs.

*49 days until I land in Raleigh, North Carolina.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Lately, there have been a lot of things happening here in Velence, Hungary. I went through a period where my car broke down, I grew another wisdom tooth in a rare place and was indeed in a struggling mood. With all three things taking a tole over my life, I began to believe I had no room for anything else... except for my bed.

However, God has been good to me. I have recently gotten another car, my tooth does not hurt (even though I can still feel its existence.)

So that pretty much sums up the first week of no postings!


This past week, I have had off from work. October 23rd is a really big holiday in Hungary. It was when a Revolutionary War took place. Mariann's birthday is also on October 23rd. Therefore, I got to spend last Saturday at Mariann's house. There I got to see most of the translators that were on my trip to the Ukraine and also some new lovely faces. AND GUESS WHAT! An American face popped in also. Derek came to visit Mariann on her 25th Birthday too! Which gave me happiness... first off, because my mom sent me some awesome stuff and secondly, well I could talk normal (even if it was only for 24 hours!)

On Sunday, we were able to go to church (Derek & I) with Mariann's family! It was exciting! After church Derek and I got to actually visit with our home church: Piney Grove. Not actually go there, no. The church set up a screen so that we could talk to our church family! What an amazing experience for everyone! It was a highlight of my life! (Thanks Glen, Preacher and a special thanks to Mike Cole!)

Monday & Wednesday I was able to travel into the city with two of my dear friends: Speedy & Victor. Neither of them are fluent in English... which makes my trip even more special! Getting to learn the language is much more easier when ... nobody knows your language. It makes you really want to learn it. On these two days I was able to ride with them to do their routine activities. It was an amazing experience because... I was able to visit more places that Hungarian Baptist Aid have set up to help their community. I attended a homeless shelter. I was able to meet the guy that is in charge of the homeless shelter (he could speak fluently in English). He told me about the story of how the homeless shelter started. It began by taking blankets and food to those who were on the streets... realizing that this would not be enough, they began finding places where they could sleep. They now own a house where 100 people sleep every night. These people can sometimes be drug addicted... therefore, they help them get off the drugs. Once they realized that this was too not enough, they then built houses out in the Country where they could live 8 years after they have been taken off the streets. They find a job, learn how to earn and save money and begin their families. All through this process they learn about our Jesus, who washes the dirt, the grind, the streets odor and their drug addictions away...and learn about what he has done for each and every one of them. I believe that I am so fortunate to be one of the first people to come to Hungary to live from America with Hungarian Baptist Aid because I am soo excited about the programs (that I did not even know about) that are in place. We can assure ourselves that Hungarian Baptist Aid is making their Country a better place. Thankfully, I get to be in the midst of these people daily.

Tuesday night was so much fun this week! Victor, Speedy & Mariann came over. I wanted everyone to try an American meal. I made homemade veggie soup (only my 2nd time ever). I do not know if they had pity on me, or if they really like it... but they said the loved it... !! We ended up playing UNO! And it was so much fun.. It's so awesome that I have friends here now... it's so important.


Now--for a blessing!!! There is a lady that North Carolina Baptist Men have been talking about coming and joining me! I got to speak to her yesterday! OH, how excited I am to know that there is someone on the way to become apart of my team... She will be able to laugh at my jokes, ride with me in the car, and help me teach! It's a blessing, I promise! We will even, HOPEFULLY be riding home on the same plane! Keep her in your prayers... for it is a long journey for her as well. It will be just as challenging coming to a foreign Country and learning new routines... but I am so excited that I will be here to help guide her through the things that I have already learned.

Thank You all for keeping up with my blog. Please keep praying for me! I promise you, it will not be this long before I post again...

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY BLOGS ON YOUTUBE!!!!!!

Love you all,
Jessie


1 comment:

  1. Great Blog, lots of interesting stuff! Now, just where was that rare place you grew a tooth?lol :^}

    ReplyDelete